Queen Mary Law Journal
The Queen Mary Law Journal
At the forefront of legal thought
Each year the Queen Mary Law Journal (QMLJ) publishes innovative legal scholarship by successful academics, professionals and students from around the world. The QMLJ was founded in 1998, was re-introduced in 2010 and has since then been publishing annually. We have just published Volume VIII and are currently accepting submission for Volume IX.
We aim to be at the forefront of legal thought and to create a forum for open and accessible legal discussion by publishing authors from different backgrounds and by combining print and digital media.
Our publication is circulated to notable law schools, law firms and members of the judiciary. It is housed in the British Library, the Senate House library and other libraries around the world. Since 2016, we are also a proud member of HeinOnline. The QMLJ is a hallmark of the academic excellence of the Queen Mary University School of Law.
The QMLJ is an entirely student-run publication, with both its leadership and editorial board drawn from the undergraduate and postgraduate student bodies at the Queen Mary School of Law. All submissions are subject to a peer review process by our editorial board.
- April 2018: We are now accepting submissions for our next issue, Volume X. The deadline will close in late August 2018 (TBC). Please see our 'Submission guidelines' section for more details on what our publication requirements are.
- April 2017: The QMLJ is now accepting submissions for our next issue, Volume IX. The deadline will close in late August 2017 (TBC). Please see our 'Submission guidelines' section for more details on what our publication requirements are.
- 30th of March 2017 at 6:00pm at the Laws reception of the Laws building at Queen Mary University of London Mile End campus: We celebrated the launch of Volume VIII over food and drinks as well as announced the winner of our undergraduate essay competition sponsored by Weightmans. The online version of Volume VIII is now available in our 'Past Volumes' section. For a hard copy of the Journal, please send us an email.
- January 2017: Our call for submissions for our essay competition for Queen Mary undergraduate law students with the aim of publishing the two winning essays in the first edition of the Law Student Journal of Moldova State University opens - closed on the 28th of February 2017. Both winning essays were on EU law and were by students Anna Maria Deligkari and Renee Tonge. You can access the Journal and the winning essays by clicking here.
- 9th of December 2016 from 4:30pm to 6:30pm at the CCLS campus in Lincoln's Inn Fields: We held a launch event and drinks reception for the third Special Conference issue of the QMLJ which was released in October 2016 and included papers from the Seventh Annual Queen Mary Postgraduate Legal Research Conference 2016: Embracing New Approaches. Please click here to view the invitation and visit our 'Conference issues' section for more details.
- September 2016: Our call for applications for the 2016/2017 Editorial Board opened for Queen Mary undergraduate and postgraduate law students - close on the 9th and 16th of October 2016 for postgraduate and undergraduate law students respectively.